Strategic Plan 2023-2025
North Valley Public Library Mission Statement
The mission of the North Valley Public Library is to strengthen and support our community by:
• fostering a welcoming and comfortable setting for all people to gather, explore, and discover;
• promoting literacy and lifelong learning;
• providing exemplary programming, service, and quality, timely materials.
Goal/Strategic Area: Programming
1. Boost the new science program for children ages 8-12
2. Investigate the feasibility of an art program for kids 5-10.
Goal/Strategic Area: Financial Sustainability/Funding
1. Continue to nurture partnership with Foundation.
2. Advocate for the library with the community and donors.
Goal/Strategic Area: Building/Facility Issues
1. The library is in need of an attractive, healthy, accessible library building to serve the community for years to come.
2. Identify and secure a new location for a new building.
Goal/Strategic Area: Operations & Access
Consolidate work shifts. Eliminate short shifts, particularly shifts less than 4 hours to attract employees further than the immediate environs. Make shifts more attractive to a wider pool of employee candidates.